At our first meeting, we came up with this list of potential topics for upcoming meetings. If you have other topic ideas that you’d like to suggest, please feel free to add them in the comments!
- A review of changes in C++11/C++14
- LLVM brings JIT to your C++
- A Review of Containers, Iterators and Algorithms
- Programming Styles: Functional, OOP, Generics, Template Meta-Programming
- clang and clang-related tools
- POCO network and internet-based application library
- cinder: a community-developed, free and open source library for professional-quality creative coding in C++.
- C Traps and Pitfalls for C++ Programmers
- Test-Driven Development with Boost.Test and Turtle
- Turtle mock object library for unit testing.
- Unicode and C++
- Embedded development with C++
- Native Code Performance and Memory by Eric Brumer
- Discussions around various Channel 9 (or other) videos
- wxWidgets, Qt or other GUI frameworks.
- Intel thread building blocks
- OpenMP for parallel processing
- Memory allocators: Google’s memory allocator, replacements for
- STL Allocators and how to use them with containers
- Static analysis tools, free and commercial
- Google protocol buffers
C oriented libraries: