Here is a list of potential future meeting topics. Feel free to comment on this page to suggest new topics!
- Memory leak detection and analysis: visual leak detector, valgrind, heap inspector, etc.
- GPGPU programming with goopax.
- Folly Futures, an implementation of futures for C++11 used at Facebook.
- HPX (High Performance ParalleX) is a general purpose C++ runtime system for parallel and distributed applications of any scale.
- How to implement plug-ins for C++ applications.
- Crash reporting with BreakPad or BugTrap.
- Eigen, a C++ template library for linear algebra.
- Package managers for C++: Hunter, biicode, NuGet for C++ (VS only).
- Dependency injection frameworks: Boost.DI (proposed), Wallaroo, sauce, Fruit.
- CGAL, computational geometry algorithms library provides easy access to efficient and reliable geometric algorithms.
- Ultimate++, a cross-platform rapid application development framework.
- OpenCV, an open source computer vision and machine learning software library.
- Marsyas (Music Analysis, Retrieval and Synthesis for Audio Signals) is an open source software framework for audio processing with specific emphasis on Music Information Retrieval applications. (source on github)
- Object-Relational Mapper libraries like ODB or QxOrm.
- snappy a high speed compressor/decompressor library.
- LLVM brings JIT to your C++
- Programming Styles: Functional, OOP, Generics, Template Meta-Programming
- POCO network and internet-based application library
- C Traps and Pitfalls for C++ Programmers
- Turtle mock object library for unit testing.
- Unicode and C++
- Embedded development with C++
- Native Code Performance and Memory by Eric Brumer
- Discussions around various Channel 9 (or other) videos
- wxWidgets, Qt or other GUI frameworks.
- Intel thread building blocks
- OpenMP for parallel processing
- Memory allocators: Google’s memory allocator, replacements for
- STL Allocators and how to use them with containers
- Google protocol buffers and cap’n proto wire encoding schemes
- Thrust is a parallel algorithms library which resembles the C++ Standard Template Library (STL).
C oriented libraries: